It’s been a month I have run out of a gym subscription and I still haven’t renewed one. it’s not because I would be injured, or lazy but because I have been running around so much that physically had no time to squeeze in proper workout sessions at gym But that does not mean I have stopped working out – Not at all! I have been busting my butt at home workout by doing HIIT, and targeted area exercises or having Muay Thai lessons and even squeezed in some TRX training to stay active till get my things in a order and start gym again.
Even though next week is my last week before heading to Calabria (South of Italy) to spend winter break so no point of signing up for a gym yet. But not about vacations is this story, but about HIIT – High Intensity Interval Training.
As a busy girl I not always have much time to do do proper training therefore HIIT comes here really handy as it is really time consuming, efficient and can be performed everywhere.
HOW HIIT CAN HELP YOU TO ACHIEVE YOUR FITNESS GOALS?
- Efficient – indeed, it can be squeezed in even in the busiest schedule. (The research shows that a 15 minute HIIT session done 3x per week is more efficient than running for an hour on a treadmill. Moreover it improves your aerobic capacity and stamina);
- Burns more fat – you heard me! it burns fat twice as much. Moreover your body keeps on burning fat 24 hours after the workout. (Lifehack.org explains it scientifically);
- Increase endurance – extreme training endures and significantly increases your stamina and it’s proven that it will make you to double your performance;
- No equipment needed- it can be done everywhere depending on your space restrictions (even bedroom), meaning high knees, jumping lunges, burpees, etc.;
- Lose fat, not muscles – as weight training also HIIT allows to burn fat and not burn muscles as steady cardio;
- Increase metabolism – HIIT stimulates human growth hormones which increases caloric burn and slows down aging;
- will not make you bored – trust me, this program definitely will not bore you as there possibilities are endless.
To sum up the HIIT is a perfect instrument to build a stronger, faster and more efficient you – basically 2.0 you by burning fat faster and keeping muscles to give you definition (not talking about bulk. will not become HULK, you just won’t! So don’t worry! add 1-3 HIIT workouts to your training routine and will see you start seeing results in no time!
As today is workout Wednesday I think I am going to make some killer session tonight as well! Who’s in?
HAVE YOU EVER DONE HIIT TRAINING? HOW WAS IT?