Fall is asking for not only season garderobe change but also for local veggies and fruit season change. Even though apples are all year around fall has the best time to enjoy fresh and juicy apple just from the tree (or local farmer’s market) full with those vitamins and antioxidants, or in a different recipes – like baked apples.
I love apples in all forms and in all recipes and therefore experimenting with them always. Baked apple recipe is my latest obsession: fast, easy, healthy and delicious.
My latest recipe inspiration comes from Katie at Some Bits and Bobs blog. I went for adopting her Vegan Gluten-free nut crumble served in apple recipe and this is what I came up for – a healthy and easy baked apple dessert that’s perfect for breakfast or as a fit snack.
- 2 green apples,
- 3 tbs homemade granola
- 2 tbs almonds
- 15ml almond milk
- pinch of cinnamon and vanilla
- Preheat oven at 200C
- Blend granola with almonds and almond milk till makes a crumble mix
- Cut in half apples and core them making bed for the mix
- Put the mixture in cored apples and dash cinnamon and vanilla over
- Put in oven for 10-15 min till golden
- Serve alone or with nice-cream!
- Enjoy warm in a good company.