On a sunny autumn Friday asks for a something sweet and cuddly to satisfy sweet tooth so why not make a nice bowl of a strawberry nice cream to make a reunion with my old friend even more special?
Last night arrived to Guernsey (Channel islands) where she and her family is living to celebrate her kids 1st birthday (and as a good aunty couldn’t miss this important day) and spend some time together and just chat up after a week of terror, stress and meeting after meeting in fair in London. Definitely needed to wind down and this place seems to be the right one for that but about about that – later on, first – let’s have a nice healthy snack to get some vitamins and energy to confront it.
This easy recipe is so fast to prepare and not only delicious but also healthy and no ice cream maker needed also perfect for breakfast or a healthy snack.
Here is how to make your own bowl of strawberry goodness and satisfy your sweet tooth.
- 1 1/2 cups of frozen strawberries
- 2 teaspoons of chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons of shredded coconut
- 1 pomegranate
- Goji berries for topping
- Clean pomegranate and divide in 2 parts (1 for garnishing and other for blending).
- Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor, and pulse until the ice cream is smooth and creamy.
- Add your favorite toppings - I used some chia seeds and remaining pomegranate.
- Serve while cold.
- To pre-freeze strawberries takes 2h and are ready to b blended.
Hope you are enjoying your weekend and will make yourself some nice treat! For more healthy ideas check out my other recipes!
Stay tuned and happy Friday!