Here it goes:
YOU WILL NEED:
250g of Oat flakes (better if not processed)
4 egg whites
100g differetn nuts (or 1 type, as you prefer)
100g dried papaya/mango/berries/etc. your choice. i put Mango+apple+pears
2 scoops of protein (can also use a cottage cheese)
NOTE to chocolate lovers – you can also use 100g of Dark chocolate. As I am not really fan of chocolate, than I skipped this part. but you can definitely make variations with dark or even White one.
1. take out all you need! 🙂
2. Parch (roast lightly) the oat flakes on a frying pan till they get brownish-golden. when ready leave it to cool down.
* IF choose to add also choclate! melt it in a hot water “bath”
3. lightly beat together 3 egg whites and 1 egg
4. LETS CUT all the fruits and dried fruits and mix them together
use it with all peel to get stronger flavor. tasts really good.
5. add 2 scoops of protein (or use cottage cheese – choose light one )
6. Mix everything good together (adding a pinch of cinnamon. orange + cinnamon is my MUST combination Always. BTW, Cinnamon is a great antioxidant so add it! )
7. put it on the pan and make it even and press it good an put it in approx. 150°C in an owen and bake it till it is ready. (doesn’t take too long though, just check when it is getting harder).
8. and voilà! it’s ready! take it out! cut them into pieces and you have a ready, healthy snack to take with you to work, after-workout/gym snack, picknick or just replace your cookies for your afternoon tea with these babies! 🙂
and now a BONUS to this recipe: the nutritional facts:
and HERE is a nice comparison to another – fruit bar (this was more or less similar in ingrediants with the one I made it). compare for yourself 🙂
so let’s start cookin’ guys! ^_^
p.s. sorry for picture quality but my camera’s battery was down so used my phone 🙁