As a clean eater and let’s-prepare-my-own-healthy-meal kind a gal’ I always plan and prepare my meals (lunch and snacks) in advance to bring with me to the office for the day after, not only because it’s saves time and money but also because in this the best way to control what and how much I am having on my plate therefore allowing me to stick to my diet.
I already have wrote about healthy lunch ideas before – so here is a sequence of them – another 7 easy and healthy take away lunch ideas that are not only fast and easy but also takes little time to prepare.
I usually prepare my lunch for 3 days up front twice a week: Sunday evening and Wednesday for next days – for variation of carbs choosing from brown rice/ buckwheat/ quinoa/ bulgur etc.
7 healthy lunch ideas for office lunch
- Buckwheat, broccoli and chicken fillet.
- Farro and tofu – straight from my pink lunch box
- Rise, zucchini, red bell pepper and chicken
- Whole wheat pasta egg white and canned meat (Manzotini – Italian brand)
this was a fast solution as did not prepare (my daily) chicken the evening before so substituted my protein part with egg white and canned meat and added some baby broccoli.
- Buckwheat and chicken-spinach rolls
- Whole grain rice and salmon with green salad
The salmon also was canned (I use half – 62g), I know it has a lot of salt, but a good alternative and protein source for lunch.
- Lentil salad with chicken and spinach
This is my last nights creation a chicken with spinach and red bell peppers together with lentil salad (Bonduelle canned lentils, farro and green peas salad – as a quick solution).
- I never use any sauces nor dressings to my salad than just an olive oil.
- I usually make 50g of farro/quinoa/rice etc for lunch
- My chicken size is 100g
- I try to make at least 3 different dishes per week for lunch
What’s your favorite take-away lunch recipe?