Happy 1st of July, hope it’s every where as sunny and lovely as it is now in Milan. well, actually maybe a little bit too so instead I would rather prefer to be at beach in beautiful Liguria, but still – not complaining, enjoying sunny Milan Summer days that are still full with things to do, see and experience. especially because here is held World Expo 2015, so city is buzzing with events, attractions, tastings, activities on every corner.
For me beginning of each month is new goal setting and things to look after. July for me is taking up and accepting new challenges, mostly fitness ones. Already mentioned that joined Nike Training Club Milano and did my first competition last Sunday, now taking second challenge tomorrow – So fast Day Milan to have a 1 mile run. (Wish me luck! Haven’t been competing and speed running since high school so feeling a little bit nervous but excited at the same time! )
Than on Monday I saw another wonderful challenge by Blogilates – 30 Days & 30 Stretches to Splits! That I decided that I must participate in this challenge as well. So Starting Monday I have been following this initiative by this wonderful, fit lady to learn a standing Split. Every day I am doing the splits and noting my feelings as well as progress so by the end of the 30 days I should be able to a) – share with you my results, b) my struggle diary, because already telling you – it is not as easy as it looks like, and c) pictures, eventually how it goes.
I should be able to get my hand up high.
On Picture on the left side you can see me trying to perform it 3 years ago in middle of a road (during my 7000km Brazil Road trip) in nowhere. This is how high it can go at the moment. the objective is to learn like in picture – or get close to that, the right side.
If you feel like taking the challenge with me – nothing has been lost yet, just 2 days, so you can still enroll on Blogilates challenge to learn split and get even rewarded. Here is how. (From Bogilates homepage).
SO HERE’S HOW IT’S GOING TO WORK:
1. First of all I want to know that you’re IN! So, everyday from today til July 1st, I’m giving away a set of Stretch Bands to a random POPster who has posted the above graphic on their Instagram! Make sure that you hashtag #JourneytoSplits and #Blogilates for your entry to be seen! Also follow @blogilates and @poppilatesofficial.
(If you don’t have an Instagram account or don’t feel comfortable posting on your personal one, just make a new one dedicated to your fitness! Feel free to use the words “POPster”, “POP”, or “Blogilates” in your username!)
2. Stick to the 30 days. Do not skip a single day. Promise? That’s how you’ll get into the splits. Every day I want you to post a picture of the pose of the day as a sign that you did your stretches. Hashtag #JourneytoSplits and #Blogilates.
3. Ok but here’s how this month’s challenge is different than The Stretch Project. Everyday I will need you to do stretches 1-5, your foundation stretches. You may not skip them. So, the first 5 days, you are doing the first 5 stretches! Then beginning day 6, you will just add one move on. So on day 6, you will do 1-5 and 6. On day 30, you will do 1-5 and 30. Get it? So you will do 6 moves a day beginning day 6.
4. How long to hold? I want you to hold each stretch for around 30 sec to 1 min per side. Total, each day you should spend around 10 min. stretching.
Yes, this is dedication! But, just like how I felt when I got into the headstand for the first time, it was PURE BLISS. You will feel so happy, accomplished, and just VICTORIOUS! Unlike losing weight or getting slimmer thighs, your goal is not driven by fitting into skinny jeans, societal pressures or vanity. It is genuinely for yourself regardless of what anyone else thinks. There’s freedom in knowing that.
At the end of each week on Friday, I will be announcing a weekly winner of a special gift from ShopBlogilates.com just for participating in the #JourneytoSplits! All the winners will be announced on @poppilatesofficial. Prizes will look something like this…
1. POP Pilates Tank, 2. Choose to be happy Mason Jar, 3. Train Like a Beast Slippy Shoulder Sweater, 4. POP Pilates Flat Abs Fast DVD, 5. Train Insane Booty Shorts, Choose to be Happy Crew Neck Muscle Tank.
So Blogilates 30 day split is just on of my challenges, along with Nike running and all other still to discover but I am ready to take every opportunity knocking on my doors, because you might never get 2nd chance again!
The same for other fields of life – trying new recipes, like banana bread ( check out my Instagram) where I snapped my creation! Also planning to travel to Latvia and do as much as possible this month to make the best out of this summer!
What about you? what’s your July challenges and plans?