As on Fridays I always try to reveal some of my recipes or fit food experiments an also today is not an exception as I wish to share with you my last recipe I tried my hand in – a Shrimp zoodles! It is not a new word nor discovery for a healthy food world and food trend hunters which has been obsessing about this new invention: zucchini+noodles = zoodles! Basically you get your own (colorful) noodles without having to get the carbs of the pasta! And may I just add – they do look colorful and fun on the plate?!
So I decided to try out something for myself by mixing zoodles, shrimps and red bell pepper and this is the result – a fit diner dish that is so delicious that you will be licking your fingers and ask for more!
The recipe is truly easy and will not take much of your time.
For easier reference you can see, save and even print it below.
It is really fast to cook, it takes around 7 min in a wok by just to soften the pepper and zucchini as the shrimps you should precook before.
Ready to serve. Best served hot and best enjoyed in a company.
For more what is this actually zoodles, how to make them with actual video – check out Michael’s zoodle guide to give you a general overview.
- 1 big zuccini
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 300g shrimps (pre-cooked)
- 50g soya sprouts
- spices for seafood
- some lemon juice for garnishing
- 1. Wash well the veggies.
- 2. Cut the pepper. Slice with a special knife/peeler zucchini with all skin.
- 3. Put on the pre-heated wok together with previously prepared shrimps and sprouts.
- 4. Ready! Add some lemon juice when serving
- I had frozen, pre-boiled shrimps, so just needed to boil for couple of minutes in a hot water. Than dried them and added to the wok.
Have you ever tried zucchini noodles? What’s your favorite recipe? Share in comments!