Today is first day of May and that means that here in Milan is opening of the World Expo whih will be for next 6 months. This time the theme is Feeding the Planet – Energy for life, so it means all about food, nutrition, living on this planet. Already set my plans to go to visit it and see all the pavilions for myself but will wait when the buzz goes down and therefore having an lazy day at home and cooking is one of my favorite thing to do.
This time I am going to share my newest experiment – bread – olive bread recipe.
As this was one of my biggest and most delicious discovery living here in Italy than i decided to make for myself my own olive bread. Here is how it went – I must say the result was absolutely delicious so mus tray. Still need to work on the outcome and baking skills to make it more golden brown, but the taste was just – yummy.
500g miscela per pane (the flour mix for the bread)
35 lievito di madre (natural yeast)
450g olives (not pitted)
3 tbs olive oil
hint of rosemary
1. Mix yeast and water. Add water and salt and oil.
2. Add flour and add pitted olives (chopped in small pieces) and mix all together.
3. Leave in a warm place to grown for 2h. Cover the bowl with a plastic to not let in the air.
4. Take out and divide in 2 pieces as you prefer and leave for another 40 minutes.
5. Meanwhile warm up oven to 200°C.
6. Make the bread the form you want and spray olive oil over it and put in the oven for 30 min.
Voilà! You have your own olive bread made at home ready to eat.
You see a different bowl because I broke my beautiful, clay bowl right after I put the pastry in so had to change it (Still in search for a replacement).
Enjoy while it is hot! Something delicious, easy and so good! Just in case you want to know how the nutrition information would be if this bread would be on sale – check the scheme below.