Last Friday was all about cravings and desire to cook and create something different and delicious using particular ingredients, like black rice and pumpkin and so on. (The original post you can see here). The best part of the last weekend was the one that followed – I actually did create and played around with 2 new fit recipes. The first one was with black rice and salmon.
So fast, easy and perfect for a fit weekend lunch that can be made by anyone and will take not more than 30 minutes to prepare everything. No real cooking skills required as well, so no excuses not trying yourself at home.
See recipe below.
- 150g black rice
- 180g canned corn, peas, olive and pepper mix ( Bonduelle)
- 150g fresh or smoked salmon
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- Prepare black rice as per indications on the packaging
- Meanwhile cut in small pieces salmon and sprinkle some lemon juice over it
- Once rice is ready ( approx. 18min boiling time) get rid of the water and let them cool down
- Mix with vegetables and small chopped basil leaves
- Ready to be served
- Best enjoyed cold.
- Vegetables can be also pre-prepared by you does not need to be canned.
- I, personally, always give a rinse to all canned food to get rid of excess salt and sugar and some preservatives.
My other fit recipe tried out was made of pumpkin and soon also that one on blog, so stay tuned.
What’s your weekend cooking plan?