Fridays is the time of the week that I am looking forward the most as it means – weekend is around the corner and also it means that I am going to share with you, my dear reader, a new recipe/experiment as on every Foody Friday.
Today’s experiment an healthy egg and broccoli casserole that is perfect for dinner and a great alternative to frittata or regular chicken.
This egg casserole is one of the easiest things to prepare and does not need much all you need is some eggs, pre-cooked broccoli, some bread crumbs and some cheese if wish to give some texture to it. if wish to try yourself – just print/save the recipe below and go for it! Fit, healthy and delicious!
Been travelling for last 10 days (Germany-Israel, on Sunday coming up my adventures so stay tuned) and it means – not much healthy choices plus always eating out and that also means that bye-bye strict diet therefore even more looking forward to have some home-cooked meals this weekend before leaving for next business trip.
- 2 medium broccoli heads (pre-cooked)
- 5 egg whites
- 5 whole eggs
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated cheese
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- Preheat oven to 170C degrees
- Crack eggs into a medium bowl and whisk together until all the yolks are broken.
- Whisk in cheese, pepper, granulated garlic until all ingredients are combined.
- Stir in broccoli (chopped in small pieces) and bread crumbs
- Pour ingredients into a baking pan coated with cooking spray (i had the one for cakes)
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the center is set.
- Cut into 12 pieces and serve.
- You can also add in it some ham, cheddar cheese, mushrooms - the sky is your limit.