We all know that eating greens are good for us! Especially broccoli which is super veggie and even included in World’s Healthiest food list and full of vitamins and low on calories. However as not many people are not fans of them than sometimes we overlook this green fellow and do not include in our shopping list, me included! But i decided to change that and start eating it more often but only if I find some interesting healthy recipe. (As you might have noticed – I do love to try out my hand on different, healthy recipes).
So far I have tried my hand in baked Broccoli tots recipe that I came across in Pintrest by talented Layla from Gimme Delicious and decided to give a try after checking out her recipe and this is what I came up to with a slight modifications.
..it was late at night and had only my phone near to capture the moment so excuse the quality.
This recipe actually is really easy, fast and really healthy & delicious! Some absolutely must try! perfect also as a healthy snack or party finger food!
Here is a recipe slightly adopted from original one. Give it a try !
Voilà! This is the outcome! Using Layla’s picture as my tots disappeared so fast that did not manage even to take out a camera!
- 2 cups fresh broccoli
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup hard cheese (I had a goat cheese)
- 1/2 cup Italian bread smashed in crumbs (wholegrain)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- hint of spices: dill, lemon pepper (as per your choice)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F). Grease a baking sheet with a thin layer of olive oil or line with parchment paper and set aside.
- Blanch the broccoli in boiling water for 1 minute then remove and shock with cold tap water to stop the cooking process. Drain well.
- Chop broccoli finely and mix well with eggs, cheese, breadcrumbs, and seasoning. Scoop about 1.5 tablespoons of mix using a spoon (or ice-cream scoop) or your hands and gently press between your hands into a firm ball then shape into a tater-tot shape. It helps to wash your hands after every few tots to keep them from sticking onto your hands. Next, Place on your prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown and crispy, 18-25 minutes (depending on oven), turning half way. Remove from the oven and enjoy hot with a dressing, or your favorite dipping sauce!.. or with hands without nothing like I do!
What’s your favorite broccoli recipe? would love to hear it!