Sometimes we just cannot take it anymore the regular diet with it’s chicken/turkey, salads and veggies and we need to freshen-up our everyday dish. My way to make the boring turkey/chicken to taste different is to make a meatballs. Which is fast, easy and delicious. as every time I am experimenting with different proportions and extras than I do not really follow a certain recipe, so just mixing up ingredients and go by intuition.
So here come my yesterday’s meatball recipe. Remember this is a fit blog and a fit version of a meatballs so no frying required, just oven -to keep it light.
As I like to experiment that last preparation tried to add some additional seeds ( linen flax seeds and pumpkin seeds as well as red onion for color).
Unfortunately as I was so hungry ( making them after gym and was completely starving after a long work day and gym sess’ ) than couldn’t wait to get them in my belly, so there is no post-oven pictures. but trust me – they become just golden brown. Use your imagination and try yourself!
- 4 zucchini
- 500 g turkey fillet
- 1/4 red onion
- 2 eggs
- 70g breadcrumbs
- In a large mixing bowl grate zucchini
- Add chopped in tiny pieces onion and turkey fillet
- Crack in 2 eggs and mix in breadcrumbs
- Mix everything together till well distributed. Than roll them into meatballs and put in a pre-heated oven of 200C for 30-40 min or till golden brown.
- Ready to be enjoyed!
- Different seeds - optional. I used 20g of linen and pumpkin seeds.
- Tastes well also cold and the day after!