As here in Italy was a long bank holidays it was a perfect occasion not only to recreate and catch up with works but also experiment with some new recipes. This time I decided to try my hand in Sweet potato snack recipe and I must say it turned out even better than I hoped.
Easy, fast delicious and perfect snack on-the-go. Fast to prepare and need just 4 main ingredients but still delicious and filling – so win-win situation to those who want something sweet but the same time fit and something that allows you to stick to the diet (especially helpful before Christmas holiday).
The main things you need is a peanut butter and Sweet potato, some cocoa powder and some flavors for taste+ oven and a little bit of your time. Printable recipe sheet below. (HERE is recipe how to make a peanut butter at home, like I always do. SO EASY!) mmm,delicious Peanut butter. Try avoiding snacking! (Basically challenge not to lick a peanut butter remains from the scoop, difficult but possible).
Mix together all ingredients.
Put in a forms and show it in a preheated oven for 20 min. I use silicone muffin tins so I don’t need to cut them afterwards.
Voilà! your bites are ready! Now just cool them down and enjoy!
The nice thing about these bites is that there is no sugar, no sweeteners and can be customized according to your preferences but making simple or filled with different nuts, flakes and garnishes – the possibilities are endless. If not a big fan of peanut butter, can substitute with almond butter (even though hard to imagine someone who doesn’t like peanut butter. If there is someone – please shout would like to hear from someone who doesn’t.)
- 1 cup = 1 sweet potato (boiled and mashed)
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbs cocoa powder (not sweetened)
- 1 tbs maple leave syrup for sweeter taste (optional) can subsitute with sugar/sweetener per choice
- 1. Boil and mash potato till it is smooth.
- 2. preheat oven to 175°C (350°F)
- 3. melt your peanut butter as you would do with a chocolate (microwave or Bath of Maria- in a cup put in a boiling water)
- 4. in bowl mix all the ingredients together and put in the muffin forms
- 5. bake in oven for 20 min or till golden brown
- 6. cool down or refrigerate and they are ready to be enjoyed.
- They are freezer friendly and also room temperature friendly. I keep the in a fridge.
- Can also add hint of vanilla extract and almond flakes - optional but tastes good