It’s official! Summer is here and the weather is getting hotter and hotter every day and it means that all those skirts and shorts should be taken out from the bottom of our closets to show off too the world. Of course with the short skirts and hot pants comes also the will to look great in them and this is where tall those hours spent at gym and working out we did at Winter and Spring comes handy, but it does not mean that the exercises should finish there just because summer is here. In contrary should continue or even work harder to maintain and improve and this is what I am up to right now – as by the end of July is my second check-in of my workout and diet challenge to get on a great shape.
In June I put emphasis on core and booty, so it means – more HIIT and exercises for lower body to make it even more toned, shaped and lifted – because you cannot have too round booty). If also you would like to incorporate some new exercises to lift your booty and have leaner legs here are 5 exercises that can be performed even at home.
Here is the routine:
- 2 x 15 single leg bridge
- 3 x 10 Chair (step) lunges with kick backs
- 4 x 20 lunges
- 2 x 10 pistol squats
- 4 x 10 deadlifts with dumbbells
Single leg bridge:
1. Lie on your back flat on the floor or a yoga mat with your arms out to the side. Bend your knees and keep your feet flat on the floor. Straighten one leg.
2. Squeeze your glutes to raise your hips evenly off the floor. Hold on top for 2-3 seconds, then slowly lower your hips back down.
Chair (step) lunge with kickback
The simple front lunge should be always performed standing tall and pulling shoulders back.
- step forwards with your right leg and slowly lower the body until the front knee is bent to 90 degrees
- The back knee should never touch the floor
- Push yourself back up to the starting position as quickly but safely as possible
Remember! Knee should never go over the toes.
Just so you know the lunge is a total lower body workout it increases muscle tissue, shapes the lower body, gives more flexibility in the hips and also helps to strengthen the core.
1. Stand on your right leg and extend your left leg out as straight as you can in front of you. Reach your arms straight out towards your left foot. Lower into a deep squat on your right leg, going as low to the floor as you can (without lifting your heel off the floor), and then press back up to standing. That’s one rep. Work up to 10 reps on one leg, and then repeat on the other side.
These are much harder than they look, so feel free to hold onto a wall or a chair as you build your strength and balance with this exercise. (Source – Shape).
Deadlift with dummbells (or water bottles if doesn’t have weights)
What are you waiting for?! Let’s do this to get those botties shapin’!
BTW this Sunday is Nike Woman #betterforit challenge day. so get your Nike running app or Nike Training Club app and join it and don’t forget to share it on Social networks! I will be participating, and you?